Big news came from the InnerSloth official Twitter account. The new Among Us update 2020.10.22 is out now and there is a lot we need to talk about. Before we get started on what this new Among Us update 2020.10.22 brings with it let’s make sure that we all understand that there are still only three humans working on this game. Even if Among Us as a game has become a behemoth, it doesn’t change the fact that devs working on it are still people and with such a small team we are not expecting groundbreaking updates but rather incremental ones.
Hey all, new #AmongUs update 2020.10.22 is out! A small update and a peak into what we’re working on, including new map and accounts!!! Many MANY things are happening, thanks for everyone’s continued support!! Ok back to work.https://t.co/XXOZzJpbiQ
— InnerSloth (@InnerslothDevs) November 3, 2020
Among Us update 2020.10.22 Explained:
We took a look at what the devs of the game had to say about this new update 2020.10.22. From what they have posted on Innersloth’s website we were able to gather that the devs are playing it safe. We’ll explain it in more detail later but more importantly here is what is coming with the Among Us update 2020.10.22.
- Added Anonymous Voting option: Players now will be able to vote anonymously in the game. Before you could see which player voted for whom but that is changing now. Needless to say, this is going to bring a whole new dimension to the game. Now your votes in Among Us will look grey to hide who voted for whom. Democracy is coming.
- Added Task Bar Modes: This feature is the one that you didn’t know you wanted but now that you know about it, you need it. The devs have decided that what Among Us really needed was a taskbar change. Now you will be able to choose modes in the taskbar. Before the update taskbar was ever-present at the top of the game but now it can be turned invisible or turned on only during emergency meetings.
- MIRAHQ Gets Updated: Fan of the MIRAHQ map in Among Us? Well, good news for you then. Now if an impostor sabotages the comms in the game the security logs will also be cleared. Don’t worry crewmates, impostors will still get caught.
- Added symbols to fix wires task: It’s these little things that get devs the real respect. Players who were colorblind used to have a hard time at tasks in Among Us that were dependent on color coordination like wires. It’s great to see the devs realizing how big the game now is that they have added symbols to wires.
- Added cosmetics to meeting screen: No idea what this means but the devs didn’t explain it either so probably it’s literally a cosmetic upgrade.
- Various bug fixes: Just some usual stuff.
Among Us Future Updates Roadmap Revelation:
We also have from the devs of Among Us what they are planning to add to the game in the future. Now as we mentioned above that the devs are playing it safe and what we meant by that is they’re being very cautious with what they reveal. There is a good reason why the devs are playing it safe. Among Us is now way too big of a game or rather an online social network of sorts. So anything they reveal about it is a news story and unlike us here at PCQ, many publications will unnecessarily hype things up. Hyping will build expectations and those expectations can become a huge mistake with one small mistake. Anyways, without further ado, here’s what you can expect in the future from Among Us in the words of the Innersloth devs.
- Accounts: Yes, they’re finally coming. Previously players didn’t need to log into Among Us to play the game. Obviously, players started hacking the game. We’re still confused about why would someone hack Among Us but they are hacking. So probably around December, a new patch will bring accounts into the game. According to the devs, this will allow players to report accounts that are toxic and/or hacking. They may be a bit barebones at first but things like friends lists will also come at a later date after launch.
- New Map: This is a more interesting one. There is a new map coming to Among Us and it’s bigger than Polus *currently. The new map in Among Us will be based on Henry Stickmin theme. The map will contain plenty of new tasks and will be available for free to all players. Simple. Straight. Nice.
- Translations/Localization: Yes, please. More of this is required. Among Us was a small indie game initially but now it’s a global behemoth so it makes sense why devs want to add more languages. They’re already working on it and in time the game might even come in Hindi. No promises yet cause they haven’t revealed the languages they will be adding in the near future.
- Colorblind support: This patch contains the first pass on colorblind support. If successful then we can expect to see more of it in the future.
Now a few words from the devs at Innersloth “Mind you this isn’t the full extent of our plans. We’ve got lots of things we’re planning that we’re not quite ready to share yet! Thanks for sticking with us and enjoying the game! We’re going through some growing pains right now, but I am very excited for the future of Among Us.”
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy