The Supreme Court today said the CBI would take over all investigations into the Sushant Singh Rajput case, saying “an impartial probe is the need of the hour”. The Supreme Court also asked the Mumbai police to hand over all evidence it has collected to the investigating agency and said any other case registered in connection with the actor’s death would also be investigated by the CBI. The court said Bihar’s FIR was correct and so was its move to hand over the case to the CBI. It also asked Maharashtra to cooperate with the probe.
Here are the key points made by the Supreme Court:
- Sushant Singh Rajput was a talented actor and died before his full potential could be realized.
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s family and admirers are waiting for the outcome of the probe. To stop floating speculation, an impartial probe is the need of the hour.
- The outcome of the probe would be a measure of justice for Sushant’s father, who lost his only son
- When both states (Bihar, Maharashtra) make acrimonious allegations of political interference against each other, the legitimacy of the probe comes under a cloud. An unbiased probe will result in justice for the innocents who are targets of vilification campaign
- When truth meets sunshine, justice will not prevail on the living alone but after Life’s fitful fever, now the departed will also sleep well. Satyameva Jayate.