The 2021 Home Run Derby field is officially set, and Coors Field better be ready.
Nationals outfielder Juan Soto and Rangers slugger Joey Gallo each announced Wednesday they would be participating in this year’s event, filling out the complete eight-player competition. See the full list below, along with their 2021 home run totals through Wednesday’s games:
- Angels pitcher/designated hitter Shohei Ohtani (32)
- Rangers right fielder Joey Gallo (23)
- A’s first baseman Matt Olson (21)
- Royals catcher Salvador Perez (20)
- Mets first baseman Pete Alonso (15)
- Orioles first baseman Trey Mancini (15)
- Nationals right fielder Juan Soto (11)
- Rockies shortstop Trevor Story (11)
Alonso is the defending Home Run Derby champion, winning the most recent event in 2019. This year’s derby will be held in Denver on Monday, July 12 at 8 p.m. ET.
More MLB Coverage: